Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Great Run


Many a times, as I drive over the Hanauma Bay hill coming back from Sandys, I look at the beautiful view and tell myself, one day I'll have to get  shot of that! However, each time, I always found myself in a rush to get somewhere and I never did.

Just the other day as I was driving back for a dinner, I had an hour to kill when I saw this beautiful sunset. Quickly, I stopped by the scenic point and pulled out my camera with the other tourists. 'Scenic Point' sign and electrical wires mangled my view, and very unhappily, I trudged back towards my car. But wait! - there was a hill! Although there was no trail, I made up my mind that I was going to get this shot one way or another. So after trapping on my R-Strap (which I highly recommend) and grabbing my gear, I scaled a pretty sketchy rock wall next to the highway and ran up the mountain. Yes, I ran... I literally ran as fast as I could until I got to a nice vantage point, but man was it worth it!

This just goes to show that most times, the best picture is often not at eye-level. If you expect great things to come easily without any effort, well I guess you're just another tourist. Enjoy.

"Hidderr" (HDR)

A Panorama View


 

No comments:

Post a Comment