Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Little Red


During the winter time in Nebraska, shooting outside can be a little difficult. Many times, Tamra decides to act up and become non-responsive once the temperature hits zero, battery life decreases dramatically, and oh, did I forget to say that both my subjects and I get COLD? Nonetheless, we were extremely lucky to have some nice snowfall, and given that our temperature reached a pleasant 15-degrees, we decided to plan a shoot.

Everyone has heard of the story of cute, innocent Little Red, but I thought it'd be interesting if we gave that look a little twist. Katie, my model who eagerly took on the cold weather, and I had discussed this idea since last Fall - all we needed was the right weather. For those of you who know her, Katie is one of most happy and friendly people you'll ever meet, so it was a fun to challenge to create a look that was darker and more mysterious than what I'm used to seeing her as.

Special thanks to Sinjin for assisting with this shoot! Normally, my assistants are used to help work my lighting equipment or to create certain effects, but because of the weather conditions we had to work with, Sinjin's job was just to run over to Katie and throw on her jacket every five-minutes. Nonethless, I'm stoked with our results!

*Why the apple? Eh, I thought throwing a little 'Snow White' in would be fun! ...plus, Katie was hungry, haha.















No comments:

Post a Comment