Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dan and Maggie


Some people dread Bridal Expos. To those individuals, the idea of having to pitch both yourself and your work to a prospective client can be extremely frightening, especially if sales and personal interaction is not something you enjoy. 

I love it... and not because of the sales side either. Sure, knowing that you were able to 'Wow' a client with your work when compared to so many other talented individuals is great, but for me, it's about getting to meet new people and learning a little bit about their personality and their story.

During Sunday's Bridal Expo, while looking through one of my albums, a prospective bride looked up at me and asked, "What is it about photography that makes you so passionate?" Pausing for a second, I thought about the many couples who I've been so fortunate to work with, the stories they've told, and the love I've been able to witness through my viewfinder.

"It's the emotion," I answered.

I love it when a couple looks adoringly into each others' eyes or when she can't stop smiling at his smile. When he leans in and whispers that she's the most beautiful girl he's ever laid eyes on. Maybe it's how she's never felt safer than when she's wrapped up in his arms. Or perhaps its how time stands still when he kisses her and that nothing else in the world around them seems to matter. 

This is pure love - and for me to witness it, capture it and convey it into a story is what drives my passion. 

Dan and Maggie.










No comments:

Post a Comment