Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Night Lights - Mike and Mar


If you're in Omaha during the winter, it's impossible to miss the beautiful light decorations in Midtown. I really wanted to use these lights for a photoshoot, so I was extremely grateful that my good friends Mike and Marissa agreed to do a little modeling for me in our nippy 30-degree weather.

When doing any type of shoot, it always helps to have a good relationship with your subjects. Not everyone has the luxury of being surf buds (Meatballs! - JS reference) or having gone on a multiple double dates like we have. Nonetheless, with every couple or subject I work with, I really try to get to know them on a personal level so that their comfort will ultimately bring out their true personalities for the best possible shot. There are a lot of photographers who would rather their subjects shut up and just pose - and inversely - there are a lot of clients who would rather their photographer would just take pictures and be done with it. If that's you, sorry...

I'm not your guy.

But, if you're the type of person who wants to have laugh, look and feel amazing, and get coffee years after your wedding date has passed just to talk story and catch up - give me a call - you'll get so much more than just pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment